What to Expect
We are committed to preserving your privacy. Do not include confidential or private information regarding your health condition in this form or in any other form found on this website. This form is only for general questions or messages to the practitioner.
At Peace and Wellness Center you will receive:
• Privacy and respect.
• Objective listening, concrete ideas, and compassion
• The most current, evidence-based therapeutic interventions
• Guidance to help you focus and clarify your options for managing life’s challenges
• Training in personal skills, coping strategies and stress management
• Hope and a renewed belief in yourself, your strengths and your capacity for change
Changing or Canceling an Appointment
Please notify our office staff to cancel or reschedule appointments. If you need to cancel an appointment please let us know as soon as possible. Appointments canceled with 24-hour notice are not charged. Cancellations with less than 24-hour notice or forgotten appointments are charged.
Privacy and Policy
Your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal health information are of critical importance in mental health services. The NASW code of ethics as well as HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) mandate that all information about you be protected and that any disclosure of your protected Health Information (PHI) requires your written consent.
Exceptions to this policy include: issues of your safety or that of another person, or a court order for records such as in custody litigation.
Rates and Insurance
Determine whether or not you actually have mental health coverage. The first thing you should do is check with your insurance carrier.
Read your coverage carefully to find the answers to the following questions:
• Do I have mental health benefits?
• What is my deductible? Have I met my deductible?
• How many sessions per calendar year does my plan cover?
• How much does my plan cover for an out-of-network provider?
• What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
• Is approval required from my primary care physician?
Fees and Payment In lieu of insurance, we also accept self-payment on a sliding scale. Call (973) 777-6490 for more information or a free consultation.